What should I wear to this interview?

I have an interview at a retail store. It is kinda trendy. My past jobs have been in management so I always wore suits. Would I wear a suit again or wear something with a little more flare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Always wear a suit (or nice pants/skirt with a jacket) to a first interview. Skip the scents, light on the makeup, no dangling earrings.

Be prepared to tell the interviewer how you can help solve her/his problems. Make sure that you have great questions ready.

Good luck!!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I would wear something suitable for the job... if you are going to apply as a clerk you have a little more leeway, I'd wear the same style the employees wear but nicer.. If you are going for management try to wear a trendy suit version.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I second rkoloms!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 9:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Go and have a look at what the staff are wearing in the position you are applying for a wearing, then do similar with just a touch of conservative.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 6:12 AM on Jul. 28, 2009