What is the best toddler bpa-free sippy cup out there?

My daughter is 15 months old and we're trying to get her to transition completely off the bottle. She's used the sippy's for water and juice for quite a while now, but we're having trouble getting her to drink any more than half of her milk from her sippy. I'm thinking that it's time for a new one. We're hoping for one that is bpa-free and we're not sure whether a straw is better than the others. Should I just try out a couple different kinds?

MumChevy

Asked by MumChevy at 8:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I like the playtex ones cause they don't leak and the tops are interchangeable.
    Anonymous

• Try a couple different ones if you can. We used ones with straws because our pediatrician recommended them. Apparently the straw sucking motion builds the same muscles the child needs for speech. One thing to note on straws. Some work like a normal straw and require the cup to remain upright. Others work more like a bottle and require the cup to be tipped like a bottle. Mixing them can be confusing to the child initially. BPA-free ones are now pretty easy to find.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Sigg or Kleen Kanteen

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Playtex, definitely! My son likes the ones with 'Cars'.
    myboyismyjoy025

Answer by myboyismyjoy025 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Thanks everyone!
    MumChevy

Answer by MumChevy at 9:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2009