UHC and Politician's coverage?

We the people...well, if that is true, and UHC is passed, will President Obama and fellow politicians be waiting in lines like the rest of us? Why will they still get special insurance? shouldn't it be at least the same for every government employee?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Do medicare patients wait in line?????
    Anonymous

• How long do you sit in an emergency room with your private insurance?
    Anonymous

• The "Insurance Reform" plan (which btw is not UHC because you'd have to pay for it every month, if only the gimme free stuff idjits would figure that out) has an exemption for all federal employees. No matter what restrictions the bill puts on the requirements of private insurance or limitations on changing plans, all our elected officials will still be able to keep what they already have.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I'm on medicaid (because my DH's insurance won't cover my pre-existing condition - fibro), so are my kids because the insurance also won't cover my son's autism or my other son's asthma (again, pre-existing conditions). Guess what? We've NEVER had to wait for an appointment, we get in the same day I call the dr.'s office. Go figure! Even when my son needed surgery (urinary realignment, his pee-pee came out the side), we went from initial dr's appointment to surgical consult to pre-op to surgery to post op within 3 weeks.
    Anonymous

• sorry... i think you get what you put out. if you have a very hard job, like running the country, you should be able to have the best care possible. i get the whole we the people thing, but lets face it there are many jobs out there i'm sure a lot of us would not want to do. and we are not all treated the same. what about all the free care out there for immigrants??? that's the NOT fair part!!!!
    Anonymous

• If it is GREAT coverage, Senators, Congress, and the President should all be willing to partake. Or is this Do as we say, NOT as we do?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• grlygrlz----

"I don't need health insurance. I already have it." (with his damn nose in the air to boot)

I'm tellin' ya, I have Water on the Brain; if this passes I'm as good as dead.
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• UHC will be much worse than medicaid, anon. You best hope that Obamacare doesnt pass, or you can kiss medicaid goodbye.
    Anonymous

• I have been writing about this, seriously, their health coverage needs to be terminated ASAP! They can afford health care, the lawmakers should NOT receive better treatment than th epeople they are paid to represent!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I've had asthma since I was 15 and have never been denied coverage (to anon 03).

No, politicians will not have to put up with the c*ap they are telling us to.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009