Need Ideas?? Please Help!! Where to take my toddler Nephew for a special outing??

My nephew is 2 years old, we live in southeastern michigan near belleville, I babysit him every tuesday, and i would like to give him a special day for just him, (and me and hubby) the only thing i can think of is my SD favorite place Chuck E. Cheese's, but he's not really old enough for that, he'll run off too much, i need some suggestions and ideas on where hubby and i can take him, if anyone can think of a cool place that would be fun, interesting, and most of all, keep the attention of a toddler for a little while, for the life of me i cannot think of what to do.

DCinMI

Asked by DCinMI at 8:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sometimes you don't have to look to far.... water play in your yard... or a play pool will let him explore the water... picnic at the park... let him help you pack it... a ball or bubbles are always great... whip cream painting... us a box to help him make a train.... keep it simple and without a big agenda... take your camera... it's sometimes the small things that will keep their attention...go have some fun... :-)
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I also live in the Metro D area. . . do you know where Flatrock is? They have a (free) fountian for wadeing. . . it is off of Gibraltar road by the library. . . lYou can also hit any of the metro parks. . . Lower Huron has a good Tot Lot and a water park. Lake Erie has a nice wave pool. . . Oakwood has a nature center and trails. . . you can make a scavenger hunt of leaves to find. . . Willow has tons of play lots and boat rentals. . . If you have a GPS you can go geocaching.

Metropark website http://www.metroparks.com/

This year's metropark's geocaching sites http://sites.google.com/site/geocacheadventure2009site

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• You should see where the nearest Little Gym is. My kids loved it!!!! As far as for a 2 year old, they have a class based on age. And 2 year olds love water so I also recommend a water day since it's warming up for the summer now!!
    jennmdlc

Answer by jennmdlc at 1:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2009