Would you kill someone if they were suffering and asked you to end it?

To be clear, i want to know if it was a close friend or family member that requested you end their suffering from an eventual deadly disease or something. Would you do it?.........in other words, Do you have mercy?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes,I would. After seeing my dad suffer for 9 months before he died of cancer..then yes,every human should have the choice in dignity and mercy to 'call it quits' when enough is enough.

It's not killing or murder. It's helping someone go to sleep forever to end unnessary suffering.

It's not like going on a rage and someone dies horroribly with being shot or slashed and stabbed with a knife,bound and gagged etc like in a horror/crime movie..or real life too

Just like thousands of animals a day are put down for whatever ails them,out of mercy and not making them suffer...a lethal dose of morphine/anesthetic will send them to sleep peacefully!!

Of course there is no god,so that theory has nothing to do with anything. Grow a brain and have a heart..and yould realise it's the right thing to do IF a loved was asking for help to not suffer anymore
    Clearbrite

Answer by Clearbrite at 3:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No, I guess I have no mercy. I do not want to go to jail either.

Answer by louise2 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I would be torn - but no... I couldn't play God. That is ultimately His decision when our time on earth is finished.

I do have Mercy... but I couldn't risk my own life or that of my family : ie: being charged for murder or manslaughter... It is God's decision.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It's not up to me to end someones life, I'm not God and it has nothing to do with mercy
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No, I must not have Mercy because I could never take a life, or aid in the taking of ones life.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yes I would help them espeially if there was no other options and they were suffering badly and in alot of pain.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I don't know if its being merciful, depends on the exact situation. Like in the 1901 San Fransisco quake, they did shoot people they couldn't get out of the wreakage before the neighborhood they were trapped in started to burn, then yes, I probably could. However, if they were just ill, no. Sorry, but I would have to look at myself every day afterward and I just couldn't do that. It might be selfish, but that's how I feel. That doesn't mean that I disagree with assisted suicide, just that I couldn't do it personally. I have a very large sense of the law being "right" and it would be hard for me to break the rules on top of looking in the mirror.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Lesli makes a good point. It would really depend on the situation. I would not do it if I were to go to jail for it because I have a family. In a pretend world, I might do it if they'd been suffering for a long time with a terminal disease or something.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• By no means am I taking this lightly you woud have too look at all other options and specific situation before I would agree to something like that.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Meh, Kinda middle road on this. My mom killed my dad by giving him an overdose when he was suffering towards the end with cancer.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2009