PLEASE ANSWER I REALLY NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING OVULATION!

Ok i am using opk called "ANSWER" and i used it and it shows two lines but it isnt dark as the other one and today i used it and it shows a line but it is way lighter then the first one the other one was way darker but just not fully dark as the control line..
I really need advice on ovulation what was it that helped you concieve thanks ladies for answering very much appercaited ;-)

proud_mum_mum

Asked by proud_mum_mum at 9:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I used an OPK also. When both lines are extremely dark is the day you ovulate. The day after there is a small chance that you could get pregnant. The lighter the line, the less chance of becoming pregnnt.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 10:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I never used any kind of test but I've read up about how to tell when your ovulating. You will usually start ovulating 12-14 days after your period. You can tell when your ovulating because you will be discharging a lot. Its pretty noticeable and your sex drive goes through the roof. Also just for a little info if you want to have a baby girl have sex a couple days before you ovulate and if you want to have a little boy have sex the day that you ovulate. Female sperm travel a lot slower then male. Good luck.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• All ovulation kits are a little different. Personally after only one month of the ovulation kits, I didn't go back their too expensive and you fully don't know when your ovulating. The best is the sure sign is your cervical mucus. If you stick your index and middle finger in up on your cervix you should have a stringy egg white looking texture, chances are your ovulating. Also some women experience middle of the month cramps, I always knew when I felt like I was getting period, but it was the middle of my cylce. YOu start to recongize the signs with your body the more you try.
    As always theirs no sure way to ensure to get pregnant. I would just take an easy and let it happen without knowing when your ovulating. As long as you know you are then you should be able to conceive within a year of trying. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When it's really dark that's when your ovulating hun. How did the appointment go?
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 28, 2009