My 12 month old isn't eating real food...

He has been on jar food since 6 months and finger food since 10 months and has always done fine but now he doesn't want to eat! I am concerned because he is now on whole milk and I need him to get his nutrients from food now that he isn't on formula. He is also teething (getting his molars), could this be why he doesn't want to eat? Should I just keep offering food and hope he eats when he's hungry? Today he only ate a little at breakfast around 9am and it's now almost 7pm and he won't eat..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 12 months and just went through a phase of not eating... it lasted 2 weeks, he wouldn't take more than bites. Then at his 1 year appointment I asked about it... the doctor said that if I was concerned I could start him on some vitamins. But since I asked the doctor about it, he of coarse started eating well again later that day! Crazy kid!
    Just keep offering things through out the day and hopefully it will just be a phase like with my son.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• i say try pedia light (sp) and oragel and they also have little tinny tablets called teething tablets that work wonders for me or just continue to let him eat the baby food until they come in that is if he'll eat it and pedia sure works to.... this is what my doc told me to do but u dont have to go by it just ideas
    tarja

Answer by tarja at 9:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My DS is sometimes interested in food, sometimes not. We are still on formula though, so I am also concerned about starting milk... I would just follow his cues for a few days. Teething does affect how much they want to eat, so I would just offer a little once in a while.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 10:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2009