is it safe to fly at 17 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Its just not good to fly in your last few weeks. I have flown a few times while pregnant. I am about to fly again and I am going to be 35 weeks. My doctor said it was fine and so do the airlines.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Yes, but your arms might get tired.
    Anonymous

• Your doctor should say that it is fine as long as you aren't having any complications in your pregnancy. I think it depends on how long the flight will be. The airline staff is prepared in case emergencies happen and they will absolutely land a plane if someone is in trouble.
    Anonymous

• I flew back from Africa just a couple weeks ago... I was around 16-17 weeks. It is completly safe, just make sure you get lots of fluids and walk when you can. For some reason I had a lot of swelling in my feet but it might be because I spent a total of 11 hours sitting in a seat. Have fun wherever you go!
    Anonymous