Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My daughter was born @ Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Camden NJ. This was back in December of 2007. While we were at the hospital they were unable to finish and give us her birth certificate. They told us they would call us when it was done, they never called. I called them about a month later and asked if I could come pick it up. The lady said "Oh we sent it to the local court house/county records office." And then she hung up. So I went and looked online to see if I could find an address for it, and couldnt. I called again and asked for the address. She said "Its the 7th building on (some street) on the right hand side." Well ok if I was from Camden, thank god im not, maybe that would have been enough, but I have no idea where she was leading me. I got pissed about all the run around they were giving me and stupidly gave up. (*Cont.)

Answer Question

Asked by tiffers32788 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 5 (78 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • Dept of health and Vital statistics in the state where your child was born should have a copy of the birth certificate.

    Answer by kscmbz at 9:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • So here I am almost 2 yrs later, with no birth certificate for my child. And now I need it so I can apply for state health insurance. My question is, will they still give me her birth cert. since I waited so long? And how do you normaly go about getting it? Everyone I know seems to remember it being mailed to them (my parent, SOs parents) and my friends who had kids recently got it right in the hospital like I was supposed to. So any ideas on how I go about getting it? I need it soon!

    Answer by tiffers32788 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • welfare can help you hun they did me I filled out paper work and they mailed for a copy


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • I called and asked it to be mailed, same with my marriage license.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • call you health and welfare office and they should set you on the right path on were you can get it.
    In my state we don't get the birth certificate, if we want it we have to buy it for 25 bucks

    Answer by looovemybabies at 9:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • I got my sons at the health department. It costs $15, I think.

    Answer by ajguinn at 9:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • Its not too late all u have to do contact ur local court house and fill out some forms and they will mail it to u

    Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 10:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • go to ur state rep they will help u and tell them what the hospitable did to u

    Answer by rainmommy at 10:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • here, the one from the hospital is NOT the birth certificate... if must come from the state office, you can call the state health department should give you the contact information... you can get your child's birth record anytime, years later if needed...

    Answer by BlessingsBegin at 10:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • You can always put a search for a new birth record,also, get in the phone book and start calling every state record number,it may take time,but you will find her birth record.

    Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.