• In the Spotlight:

Could I be or am I going crazy!!!

Ok I have had the Mirena IUD for almost 3 years. I experienced a few problems with it a few years back and had it taken out ( the copper one). Yet in the end feeling it was my best solution got another one put in this time using Mirena. But all goodness ends right lol. I went to the doctor about 2 wks ago noticing alot of pressure in my left side (around my ovary). She told me she thought I had kidneys stones. Well I had previously noticed my breast becomming tender, being sick to my tummy, and me sleeping alot. She said nothing of this. Now I no longer have the pressure but I am spotting (haven't had a period in 2yrs. due to the IUD). My spotting is weird kinda dark and not continuse. Has anyone elese went through anything simular? Any advice................................Jenna

Kamajehsmommy

Asked by Kamajehsmommy at 9:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be implantation bleeding. they say that it can either be dark or light. OR it could just be the mirena. and maybe its your period. best bet is to take a test. GL :)
    Anonymous

• Ok well I had mirena for a little over a year and just had it taken out about a week ago to ttc again. From what it sounds like is it might have dislodged. I say this only because after I got it taken out I was supposed to have my period and for my period I had pretty much the same thing you describe with color and stuff. So I would maybe go to the doctor and ask her to do an ultrasound to see if it did move. If it did you have the possiblity of becoming pregnant so you might be depending on if it moved in fact. Good luck sweety.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It could be all of the things pp said, but I think if I were you I would insist on an ultrasound just in case. If there is or was a lot of pressure around an ovary you might have a tubal pregnancy. I'm not trying to be over-dramatic or anything, I would just tell your doctor "Hey, this is my health here and I would feel comfortable if I could just get an ultrasound, just in case." After all, no birth control except abstinence is 100% effective.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Thank You sooo much for your answers!!! I will be going to the doctor Friday and will update.
    Kamajehsmommy

Answer by Kamajehsmommy at 1:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2009