Is it normal that I can't **ahem** go #2?? 3 months 6 days pregnant?

Sorry if t.m.i. but i haven't gone #2 for like three or four days. I know that if it "builds up" you can get really sick from the toxins and everything but I'm worried... is it linked with pregnancy? Please help

[[would it be okay to take a laxative?? i haven't yet but would it hurt the baby?]]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Health

• Its normal. Or atleast it was for me. But I don't think you can take a laxative. Contact your OB/GYN in the morning to be sure. :)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 10:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Its possible that if you are taking prenatal vitamins that the iron will make you constipated. Also, your digestive tract slows down quite a bit during pregnancy which also will delay #2 as well. Try adding more fiber and fresh fruits and veggies to your diet, increase your fluid intake as well as exercise. That should help flush out your system. I had the same issues with all my pregnancies.
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• You're not suppose to take laxatives, but you can take a stool softener && yes it's completely normal during pregnancy.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It is completely 100% normal. I would try drinking some prune juice or adding more fruits and veggies like the above said. It will come and go unfortunately throughout the whole pregnancy,
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Being constipated is not normal. Be sure to walk for at least 20 minutes a day, drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables, in at least 3 different colors a day (especially the dark green, calcium loaded ones); eat 6 servings of whole grains a day, stop eating foods with white flour; eat at least 2 servings of legumes a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2009