Did ur baby do this?

when my baby was first born all she did was sleep she wouldnt wake up to eat or anything so finally my doctor told me, after she had slept for a hole day without waking up, that i should wake her up to feed her ever 2 to 3 hours.

tarja

Asked by tarja at 10:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No? My DS never slept the whole entire day. For the first two weeks we woke him up every few hours to feed him, but after that I realized that he would wake up when he was hungry!

smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 10:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Well nothing exactly like that happened. But yes there were times where my DD would sleep for like 8 hours and not wake up to eat. I would usually let her sleep and feed her when she woke up. Sorry not much help. Good luck though.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Some babies take longer to "come into the world" and are very sleepy. But they need to feed every 3-4 hours! Glad your doc finally told you
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• she was still in the hospital when she did this she was only 6# 1.7 oz. and after she slept that day she was 5#
    tarja

Answer by tarja at 10:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• She never slept all day, but she did sleep all night starting when she was 3 days old. The first few nights she'd sleep for 6-8 hrs solid at night, and gradually increased to 12 hrs. During the day, I did wake her up periodically so she wouldn't be up at night though. But you have to remember that newborns are doing a LOT of growing, so they sleep 16-20 hrs a day (not all at one time, though). And out of the normal 4 or more hours they are awake, on 1/4 of that is spent wide awake and alert. The rest they are drowsy and probably up because they got hungry.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• mine did
    absolutely.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Nope my son was like clock work every 3 hours he woke to eat on the dot
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• While i was in the hospital with my son he was doing this to. I was told to wake him up every 4 to 5 hours to feed him but then when i got home hew as starting to wake up. I figured after that i would let him make his own schedule and im glad i did ebcause the first could days when he would wake up he thought it was time to eat. if he was to wake up before it was time to eat he would think it was time to eat because every time i woke him up i fed him. It was crazy but he is 2 weeks old now and during the day he goes 3 hours and at night he goes 4 to 5 hours which is good.
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 11:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My daughter wouldnt sleep all day but she would sleep through some of her feedings. I would wake her up every 2 1/2 - 3 hours then she would go back to sleep.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2009