Has Draino/ Liquid Plummer or any other product, ever worked for anyone?

Just wondering, because it has never, ever worked for me ever. And then I am left with a system full of yucky chemicals.

Lesli

Asked by Lesli at 10:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• OMG!!! That stuff irritates the hell out of me. We have used it so many times and it never seems to quite work like it's supposed to. Our tub still drains way slower than it's supposed to and has for about a year now. UGH! I feel your pain.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• They have always worked for me. I use them when I notice the drains slowing or when after the water drains down I hear a glug glug sound.

Answer by Bmat at 10:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I've never been able to get that stuff to work...but there's this foaming pipe snake that I swear by....I don't remember the brand, but it is in a copper colored bottle that has 2 sides to it, and when the different liquids combine it gets all foamy...not good for standing water, but if it is draining slow, this stuff is awesome
    mkbugs

Answer by mkbugs at 10:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• usually they work, when it doesn't its bcuz there is also some other factors that are preventing it from working, for example at my sisters it was bcuz roots were getting into the pipes, the pipes were old, i have a home remedy book that says to use alka seltzer tablets
    Anonymous

• they will eat holes in your pipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It works for me...
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 3:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009