Hypothetical

If Obama had run with his platform and John Kerry's personality & wife, would he still have won?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Personality is a big part of being a leader. It just is. When you need to get people's confidence, being a cold person, or hard to relate to, affects your ability to be a good leader. Same goes for pres.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think Obama could have picked out Joe the Plumber as his running mate and still won. People were just too focused on making history.

Is that what youre asking, NP? Or did I misunderstand the question.. Im quite tired and delirious tonight. :D
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No, I'm asking how much of his win was based on his personality. Everyone keeps bringing up people voting for Bush as if everyone was in total agreement with him. Most of the people I know who voted for Bush in 04 didn't do it because they liked him so much as they were completely creeped out by Kerry - there was just something about him that set off little warning bells. Mostly it was his personality and his obnoxious, narcissist wife,

And I'm not saying he ONLY won for personality, just, could he have won without it, or more to the point, with one as bad as Kerry's.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No. IMO~Obama won based on his eloquent way/personality of communicating his shovel ready special interest filled liberal spending sheeeeeeee-at...  Independents are waking up, though. This nation is predominantly a center-right nation.  Obama is too liberal for most Americans. He is taking it too far too fast and his eloquent ways aren't going to get him much further if he keeps on spending and pushing agenda's through without debate, reading, and full transparency to the American people.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• bexi ...please get a life and go to bed

Anonymous

• Yes, because it wasn't about personality or race as you republicans want to claim that it was...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• What sweet-a-kins said.
    Anonymous

• No, he used his suave used car salesman persona and it worked. The people fawned over him.

There were of course that voted for him just to make history and anyone that claims this didn't happen is just a nut. There is a youtube video of people interviewed in Harlem that should put that question to rest. Ha, they loved Palin when they heard she was Obama's running mate!

What's with the Republican thing....I get so tired of hearing that. Just because we are conservative doesn't make us Republican.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• What's with the Republican thing....I get so tired of hearing that. Just because we are conservative doesn't make us Republican.

Whats with the making history/car salesman thing? You lump us with our small % of idiots, ......Most people I know that voted Obama did not fawn over him, and were not voting based on race for you people to malign us because our political choice is different than yours is just sickening.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I still would have voted for him. And to be honest, pretty much any dem would have won. That's the truth of it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2009