Overweight and TTC

I have been overweight almost my entire life and when I got pregnant with first baby it took us maybe 2-3 months. We are getting ready TTC for baby #2 and I for some unexplained reason am pretty much freaking out this time about being able to become pregnant because of my weight. I have been doing a little research on babycenter.com and have found that some women do have trouble and some don't. Have any other moms had trouble? Not had trouble etc.? Anything to help put my mind at risk even a little. Thanks so much!

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 10:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• ttc

i am around 215, and have PCOS< and it has taken us over four and a half years of TTC, with no luck, still. But I hope that you have better luck than us, because I know how hard it is to want something so bad. but we are still trying. I went on Metformin to regulate my periods, and it worked, so now were trying with better odds, so I am excited about that. it is a miralce...regardless and I am so thankful for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!best of luck to you, and Im sending you baby dust!

Anonymous

• Aww well thanks, and good luck to you too. Btw that widget is soo adorable!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 10:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I am 240 and had no trouble TTC. Each time my dh and I said, whatever happens happens and it certainly did.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

• i am heavier than the other women above..i have been tryin for some time now about 4yrs..getting heavier all the time it seems..or at least since i first started..i also take metformin like the lady above..no luck yet..
    Anonymous

• I am currently 250 and TTC. With my first pregnancy I weighed 226 and got pregnant in a couple months. This time I too am having trouble. We tried for 10 months and once I finally got pregnant it only lasted 7 weeks. That was in Feb. It was really hard, but the dr says it is safe for us to be trying again. It will happen when you are truly ready for it. At least that's what I tell myself. Try not to hyper-focus on it. Having high stress levels has been shown to cause complications in TTC. Try just having fun in the bedroom and let pregnancy surprise you. Good luck!
    Hustonsk

Answer by Hustonsk at 11:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I actually think that for overweight women, as long as before your trying to conceive, you keep a healthy lifestyle by working out. It doesn't have to be hard core working out but just excersing in general is good.
    I think the reason why they say you should be at ideal weight when you become pregnant. Because it's gets harder and harder to carry around the extra weight around.
    I was 190 before I became pregnant and now Im about 220 pounds.

So, during my pregnancy I've been trying to keep in shape by going for walks and swimming. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009