popcorn and flat-tops

We were talking today about making home made popcorn (the kind you do in a skillet with oil and kernals and then shake it back and forth on the stove top). Well it has been awhile since we made it and last time we did, we had a regular stove top. Now we have a flat top. Can you still make it on that or does it damage the flat-top? thanks!

Asked by vickwu at 10:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a glasstop. I would be careful of scratching it since you have to shake the pan back and forth.

Answer by kscmbz at 10:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• You could always buy a popcorn popper.. they are pretty cheap.. and this way you don't have to worry about scratching the flat top.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Thanks xxhazeldovexx but air popped popcorn is just not the same. We have a really nifty bowl and lid that pops it in the microwave (kinda like airpopped, just put kernals and no oil in it) but its just not the same as if it is done on the stove top...with real butter!

Answer by vickwu at 11:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I also have a flat top....I won't do it, because I think it would scratch it.

Answer by robinann5 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2009