bringing baby home

what did you bring your little one home in? I have a feeling I am going to go into labor in the next few days and I am trying to tie up any loose ends.. and anything else I should take that you thought was helpful?

SweetPea102689

Asked by SweetPea102689 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't put your baby in anything too fancy or complicated because for the first couple weeks at least it's almost easier to keep the baby in a onesie or something else easy to get him/her in and out of and to change diapers. Just make sure the baby doesn't get cold.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My kids came home in the bucket car seat thing that snaps into the base. They don't need much but food, diapers, wipes and changes of clothes.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• it would depend on the weather, we brought my son home in warm jammies because it was snowing the day we week he was born. Had to have someone go get him premiee sizes though because newborn was so huge on him. If its a nice warm day, i'd say a onesie, and a light thin blanket. Take snacks or something to much on, because hospital foods not always the best not to mention if your in labor long, and are still allowed to eat, you may get hungry in the middle of the night depending on when you go into labor
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 11:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• My daughter came home in the outfit that her daddy had bought for her. He went and picked out on his own around Valentine's Day. She was born in May. It was technically a preemie outfit, but it was a white dress of a silky jersey type nylon with a "lace" bodice, with pink bow in the middle and a satin type ribbon around the bottom with of course matching panties. My son came home in a onsie that we had bought at Carter's with the matching hat, booties,pants and blanket. At that time, they had a really pretty turquoise teddy bear with pink and blue accents. He was born in July.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:14 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have 4 kids and 3 came home in a simple, yet cute baby gown. They are wonderful for newborns because all you do is open up the bottem end for the million diaper changes and pull it back down.
    My baby that did not come home in a gown came home in a blanket sleeper and little snow suit..it was the middle of winter for her.
    The others were born in March,June and October so all they needed was something easy and some blankets and socks.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I just bought a pretty or handsome outfit for each gender because I had no clue what each of my 3 children were going to be until they were born. They were all girls. As soon as they came home I took the outfit off of them after we took pictures and then I packed it away in their memory box. Now they see their first outfit and are amazed at how tiny they were...lol....except for my 10 lb baby who had to wear a 3 month old outfit - my husband had to run out and buy one...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My oldest was born at the end of June (she just turned 9) and came home in a onsie someone bought us...just a regular old one that come in packs of 3. It was pink with butterflies on it. She was wrapped in the baby quilt that belonged to my husband when he was a baby. All 4 of our kids came home from the hospital in that blanket and used it until the next baby was born or, in my youngest's case, is still using it at 3 (just barely fits her).
    When my other kids were born it was colder. My son came home in a 1 piece jammy outfit from Gap. It was actually a gift for my oldest and had blue flowers on it but looked cute on him (the flowers were super tiny). My mid. daughter wore a gown and matching hat and socks. I actually don't remember what my youngest wore home. How funny is that, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had a cute little romper type out fit. one peice with the snaps and an infant carrier. I chose one that covered the legs so I didn't have to worry about any new mommy accidents of pinching her legs! :) I took diapers and stuff from the hospital so all I needed was the car seat and a change of clothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2009