Scary thing just happened to me... need reassurance that it has happened to someone else!

So I was just sitting comfortably on the recliner vegging out when I got this gurgling sensation in my right rib area. I also felt this weirdness that the baby was up there but I know it wasn't because I'm only 15 weeks. Anyway, I went to get up and my whole abdomen felt like I had a knife in it and it was stabbing me everywhere. I knew they weren't contractions because I'm only 15 weeks and felt them in my whole abdomen up to my diaphgram. It was so scary I thought about calling 911 but just laid down flat and it's gone now. Also, (tmi) I farted like 4 huge, loud farts right before the pains. Could that have been just really terrible gas? I have never felt gas in my upper abdomen before...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's probably just gas. Gas gets worse in pregnancy. Just relax and keep farting ;)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Also, didn't matter if I stood or sit but if felt as if someone was stretching the muscles in there. And my lungs did not hurt nor did it hurt to breathe in.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Sounds like gas to me. I wouldn't worry. You can lay on your right side for a while and see if it helps the gas pass.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• It could just be really bad gas or maybe even the baby farting or hiccuping. I remember having really sharp pains every once in awhile and it would be the baby's foot or something high up in my ribs. It made it hard to breath and move. At 15 weeks though it was probably just gas.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• probably gas. everything gets pushed around so your intestines and such arent where they used to exactly be
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I heard you should lay on your side and move your legs in a bicycle motion and it makes the gas come out. lol
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 11:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Babies can't fart. There's no air in the uterus and therefore no air in their digestive tracts :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• The nurse told me at my first doctor's appointment about a certain type of cramps (i don't remember the name sorry) that is very common. A swift change in position or standing up too fast...anything really can cause them. She said the pain has brought women to their knees before. I"ve had them a couple time. I wouldn't worry.
    sarahgibbs

Answer by sarahgibbs at 11:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009