Is your "god" infallable?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont' believe in a God..

I believe in truth.. the truth is, there is an energy that holds every thing together.

if someone else wants to give that energy a name.. and add in humanistic characteristics, etc.. that's up to them.. but I just stick with what is real. Theories are nice, and it's a good way to learn about the what ifs.. but they are just that.. what ifs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am a Christian and I believe my God is infallible. I believe that some people take fault with Him, and they don't agree with what He does, and they have a right to their feelings and opinions.

But He does not fail or make mistakes.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes. No need for more than that. YES.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• may i meet this "perfect being" while alive please? i would be fascinated by such a being! i have so many questions!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Truthteller: Meet my incredible friend, His name is JESUS and HE IS ALIVE :-) He knows you and loves you even though you may not believe He is real. He will wait for you your entire life ... that is how much He loves you and even more. His Father is one amazing and awesome Father in this UNIVERSE and He created you for a purpose on this earth. He chose you, do you know how I know that you are chosen? Because you are here ... here on this earth that is. The only thing you need to do is to respond to His choosing of you. Simple as that and He does the rest! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• God is infallable
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 12:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• no, He isn't. man/woman is...as we here on CM prove daily.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am a Christian and my God is infallible.

It is when humans project their finite reasoning onto an infinite God that we confuse ourselves. We cannot and never will know what it is like to be God and therefore cannot accurately fathom the question "if I were God I would do X or X instead; since God does not do what I think, he therefore must be imperfect." I liken it to thinking the world is flat because of how it looks from where you are standing and what you are able to see with limitted vision. God has limitless vision and a complete and total view of anything and everything at all times. What seems like "imperfection" to us is a result of the fact that we can't (and while on this earth we won't) ever see the entire picture as God does. We can either trust his perfection and his will for us or we can reject it. For me, rejecting God would be like claiming there is no air to breath. That's just me :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Saying God is infallible and yet felt the need to create anything is an oxy moron. I've had this argument over and over. A perfect being is totally fulfilled within himself, he should never feel the desire to create anything out of loneliness or the need to share in that happiness.

Also, if God can't commit any errors, then why the Flood? I know... sin, right? If god can do anything, why then doesn't he just take that sin out of the world and not let it corrupt? Free will you say? How about letting humans choose between sinless options? That way, we are still able to make a choice, but all of the choices would be good ones.

I just find it convenient that 'choice' and 'sin' are always used as an excuse when God changes his mind about something.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I do believe God is infallible, and I do believe you can establish a relationship with Him while you are alive. Its just up to you to decide how you want to do it, or if you even want to at all.

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2009