CD 26, bleeding, no sign of ovulation yet

I am charting but have a Paragard IUD in but figured this was the place to put this question! I am planning on TTC in a few months so am practice charting. I started bleeding on CD24 and it was brown. Yesterday it turned to red and today is still red. It is heavier than spotting, about the same as the 1st day of my period. I haven't seen any indication of ovulation, my temps have gotten no higher than 97.7. My cycles usually last 32-38 days, sometimes more. Any idea why I would be bleeding around this time in my cycle w/o ovulating yet?

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ok well all I know is that you are supposed to count backwards i think from the first day of your next period and count I think 11-14 days or something. All I know is that I went to babycenter.com and click on trying to concieve and look for the ovulation calculator. It will ask for your first day of last period and about your numbe which you said was between 32-38 days and it will tell you best when you are ovulating. Good luck, I am ttc too and I'm just now starting to understand the whole ovulation thing.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Paraguard can prevent ovulation.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Why couldn't it just be an irregular cycle?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I've charted before and always ovulated and I was on paragard.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2009