Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I call the health department about this will they be able to do anything?

The apartment next to mine is leaking nasty stink into the hallway. One guy called the office, and I put a note on the kid's door about a week ago. It smells like old garbage and poop. If I call the health department will they come and do anything? Or will they just blow it off?

The building manager is trying to talk to him but he is never home, she wants to talk before she resorts to evicting him.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • I would call the health department, never hurts to try. You don't know what that smell is and it could be putting the public in danger.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • I would call the cops, maybe he is decomposing in there! Hehe, you can use that as an excuse and the cops will get the health Dept. out there eally quick.

    Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • I would report it to the police, they would know the proper route to take... They may need a warrant to search the place anyway. I don't think the health dept can just go in and look if they don't get help from the police... Just a thought, I could be wrong...

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • Ewww, I just realized ( I watch a lot of Investigation discovery) and there is "always this neighbor" that reports something like this and they find a decomosing body/bodies in the apartment of the "man that is never home"!!!   surprisedSERIOUSLY, CALL THE NON-EMERGENCY LINE AND THEY WILL COME.


    Answer by Mamasita98 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

  • gross, yeah call the police at the non emergency line.. something may be wrong

    Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • I would call the police.. they can check out the place, and find out what is making it smell, and direct the report to the landlord and advice them and you who to call from there, if anyone is needed.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.