• In the Spotlight:

Best birth control for acne?

My complexion is semi-decent. But when I get on birth control acne just flares up!! It's horrible. It's even worse when Im on my period. I've tried Yaz, Ortho Tricyclen, Ortho Tricyclen low, Nuva ring, Ortho Patch, and the mini pill. Same story with all of them. Does anyone know of a birth control (Anything!!) that might help with my acne??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know of any birthcontrol that will help cuz I am on Ortho Tricyclen. Its doesn't seem to make mine flare though. But I know that Biore makes a heat mask cream that when my face does break out I use it 3 times a week and it really clears me up. Also talk to your dr about Tetracyclen antibiotic and cream for your face. That has really helped me. Sorry I can't help with the birth control question :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'm still battling acne and have since my early teens. Sometimes birth control won't help; it depends on the person. For acne I would just go to a dermatologist and make sure whatever is prescribed is ok to use with the birth control you are taking.
    sarahshoe2

Answer by sarahshoe2 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009