How many of you...

Just wondering how many moms "disobeyed" the doctor's order not to eat anything but ice chips? I personally am not looking forward to that...lol. I don't handle hunger very well, and I"m going to be going through enough crap being in labor. I won't eat a meal ( I understand the reasons why they ask....) but I have considered taking snacks.....

sarahgibbs

Asked by sarahgibbs at 11:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well if you don't mind vomiting, then go ahead. I on the other hand do not like it.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Lol. I had a couple bites of things like a cheeseburger, I think some candy and maybe a granola bar or something not all at once of course. But I was hungry and I couldn't eat for the 3 days I was in labor.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• wow three days that stinks.
    sarahgibbs

Answer by sarahgibbs at 12:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am planing on taking food because they only dont want you to eat in case they have to operate but the likely hood of that is so low that i dont care if they say i cant eat if i get hungry my body is telling me to refuel.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• one of the other reasons they dont want you eat while in labor is so everything is empty so you wont have a bowel movement. Thats what my obstetrican said anyway. I went over 24 hours without eating and it was horrible
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Here in Germany they allowed me to eat a full meal and they induced me!!! I didnt have any problems and my labor was actually quicker this time around
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i had pizza for breakfast on my way to the hospital to be induced.

i ate jello, had apple juice and tons of water (that the nurses brought me) while in labor. and i was fine.

my mom was a L&D nurse, and she said that digestion stops during labor, and thats why your body kind of cleans its self out w diahreah and such (for some but not all people). and they say for the same reason you can throw up a lot if you eat.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My Dr. wouldn't let me eat. She got me a cup of ice chips.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'm a throw upper! I could eat ice chips and still through up. I did with my first and I didn't eat or drink a thing. Everyone of my delivers I barfed my brains out. lol!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• um... yeah thats suppose to be throw not through. lol
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2009