just had sex missionary, 6 months pregnant!

we usually do it laying on our sides but today we thought we'd do missionary and i noticed while he was on top that he was bumping my belly.

do i have anything to worry about

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you didn't hurt or have trouble breathing your fine. That's awesome you can do that. MY hubby and I are getting use to the changes of my body, so we have yet to climax together since I grew more in my midsection. But yeah, if you're not hurting then enjoy missionary. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i think youll be ok unless your experiencing pain or contractions. call the doc if youre worried though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Not really but I wouldn't recommend doing it that way all the time. I noticed that when we did that position I had trouble breathing and it wasn't that comfortable. Just be careful.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes, your baby can feel you dh poking him in the eye on the missionary position.
    Just kidding!
    No worries, unless it was painful your LO should be fine. They are very cushioned in there. It is not so good to do missionary because you should not rest on your back for long periods of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't think so. I've heard it's not good to spend too much time on your back, but I don't think just the length of time sex takes would hurt. I"m 6 months pregnant and it doesn't bother me. My husband makes sure he is propped (sp?) up enough on his arms so he is not putting alot of pressure on my belly. If it feels uncomfortable in my belly I ask to switch positions but other than that it still works for us :)
    sarahgibbs

Answer by sarahgibbs at 12:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about unless you were in pain during intercourse. The baby is pretty protected from that kind of thing in there! If missionary were dangerous during pregnancy, you would've heard it from your doctor by now. I know how you feel though, I was always freaked out having sex while preggo. I always wondered if the kid "knew" what was going on. lol
    MarleighsMommy

Answer by MarleighsMommy at 12:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks 4 days today and I had missionary this past week. It didn't bother me and my tummy is sticking out pretty good but like a pp said my husband props himself up good enough that my tummy wasn't smooshed. You should be good. Just watch for spotting or cramping the next couple days if either happen just call your dr.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 1:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Nooooo. I have sex often, and 2 times a day we do missionary. I'm feelin fine!
    teenmom99

Answer by teenmom99 at 7:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2009