how do i get my child into pageants?

well, more specifically, legitimate pageants? shes 10 and has decided she wants to try one. any pointers?

clw4514

Asked by clw4514 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• first some people on here are gonna be mean and bash you, but if i were you id google it... like upcoming pageants in....whatever area youre in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• let me start by saying that i appreciate the heads up on that. and i did google it but it was just the "mall pageants" and she didnt want that. she wants one with the big gowns and such. now, i see no reason for someone to bash me. im by no means a pageant mom. my child simply sd she wanted to be in a pageant and i am allowing her to explore it. same as if she sd she wanted to try basketball, i would allow her to explore it as well. and if they do bash me, it just shows that this is not the forum for me.

thx again
    clw4514

Answer by clw4514 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Instead of pageants why don't you find a local talent agent and get her head shots done. Then do theater and commerical auditions to start with. The thing with pageants is that they are going to cost you a freaking fortune. The moms that are rude on here about pageants are usually rude because they've been the victim of a pagent scam themselves. They cost money to register, you have to pay for the dresses, the hair and the list goes on. Usually the most you'll win is a bike or something silly. I'm saying this to help you not to be rude. I think your daughter is beautiful and would be much better off with an agent trying to get her real modeling and acting jobs!
    Anonymous

• My kids used to do pageants please pm me for more info if youd like
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 2:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2009