Is there anyone in your family who always has to compete with you? a little long

My nephew's wife always seems to be in competition with me, btw me and my nephew are the same age, i don't know why she is that way, she is rich and i am poor and she always tries to outdo me, we started out friends then one day, my nephew stayed at my house all day and after that his wife hated me and she told him if he didn't marry her she would dump him, so they got married and she's always competed with me since then. Should I try to repair this or let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• i think u should ask her why she is doing that.......if she says nothing and continues then just ignore her.
    i have pretty much the same problem with my uncle's wife, she is always competing with me and wanting what i have, i don't let her get to me anymore...i used to and it almost hurt my marriage....i'm never making that mistake again
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• to me it sounds like she has something to be jealous of in you, which should make you feel good in a way. Overall I would probably let it go and see how it plays out. Being nice to her is the best thing you can do...not the easiest though...haha
    sarahgibbs

Answer by sarahgibbs at 12:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree with both answers
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:30 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree too. With me it's my MIL, but then she's like that with EVERYBODY!! Even though she treats her son (my DH) like crap...(favors his younger brother) she always tries to outdo me when it comes to gifts. But it's like she's buying things for somebody else...like she's forgotten he's grown up.
    I just ignore her, one day we'll be moving from here and we may never have to see her again.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2009