bug bite question?

I cant find my camera to take a picture.. But my son has a bite on his hand its kinda white in the middle and red around it... I dont know what he could be? He would have had to get it around the house we have not been out side what does this sound like to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like a bit of infection from the bite is what the white stuff could be, cleanse gently with soap and water, you still should probably get it checked out to be safe if it doesn't get any better. Absorbine jr works good, also you can make an oatmeal paste for itch if u don't have any itch creams, also honey works good
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 12:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• spider circle it with a pen and if it gets worse take him to the er.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• like if it goes any bit outside of that pen line and check on him through out the night as well maybe let him stay in your room tonight so you know if something is gonna happen youll be right there and ready to go....dont want to scare you but some bites can be very serious
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I could be a spider bite. Take a sharpie and draw a circle around the outside perimeter of it. If it gets a lot bigger then take him to the dr. Watch for red streaks or excessive swelling an/or any problems breathing, all can be troublesome.
    If he seems to be fine without any of the afore mentioned symptoms he should be fine.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• some kind of spider bit perhaps a tick? Is it a bulls eye shape with rings? He could have lyme Disease which can be very bad if left untreated with heavy antibiotics causing brain damage ect., go to Dr. tomarrow and get him tested because the test takes a good 3 days to come back so you can start treatmen quicker if you do not wait!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• look up dear tick and lyme disease on webmd.com
    do you have childrens bynydryl on hand, he is too young for this though sorry. Make sure his breathing is okay or go to ER right away
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• If it looks at all like lyme disease they will start treatment right away and not wait for the blood results. Usually the test will come back negative if you test right when the rash/bite (bulls eye) shows up anyway and they have to retest. They will just put him on amoxicilian for three weeks and that will take care of it when caught in the beginning. I have just been through it. The bulls eye was red though in the middle, not white, with a red ring around it. Spider bite was my first thought of your description.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2009