Why is it so bad that believers of God acknowledge things of faith alone, rather than man-made research?

I mean, seriously, non-believers have their opinions and most of them would rather see hard- facts and evidence rather than taking someone's word for it. Good for them, and it's good that they made that decision with their own mind.
Believers also make the decision to believe God, Scripture, and other people of faith, and in a sense, that is our way of researching, and we are still using our own minds.
I know alot of Christians aren't respectful to those of different faiths, which doesn't make them true Christians, IMO, but it's a double edged sword. If youre a non-believer and you want respect, give it and you shall recieve. As for me, I consider myself very open minded to others of different faiths, or lack thereof, because I believe everyone has something important to say. What I'm saying is, the only research I need is the Bible, and that's ok with me.

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Non believers have NO faith. They rely on science to tell them about something they can see, touch taste or feel. Faith is not like that. You believe because you know in your heart it is God's words. Funny though how science is prooving the Bibles words are fact.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• And why does it need to be all one or the other? That's the real question.

If you don't WANT to look at anything else, fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• gdiamante knows exactly what I'm talking about. It's one thing to ask a person of another faith about their faith, intelligently, simple because you are curious to what makes that faith strong, but it's another thing to QUESTION someone's faith because they don't have man -made proof. Why can't we just agree to disagree and still learn something new in the process?

vbruno, I understand that non-believers have no faith, and they rely on science, but why is that wrong? It's not what I believe, but it's not wrong either. I'm not trying to start a religious war here, I just want to know why we can't just accept other people's faiths, or lack thereof, and whatever that particular faith believes is research to them.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have researched the Bible and how it came to be and science and fact back up faith totally and please word this question better next time,lol eye strain from reading your mind
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Perhaps if Christians could agree on God's word it would be easier for non-believers to find faith. When even Christians can't agree, it makes it really hard to believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• That is because they have distorted the King James Bible so much in their cults bible that it is not the Bible

by the way William Tynsdale would be a great person for you to learn more about and he is a translator of the King James Bible burned at the stake.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't know either. And I have no problem with a person having faith. It's when that person tries to force their beliefs and faith down my throat that I start to have a problem. It's wonderful that you have faith in the bible and your god. I have faith in mine. Now let's move on and get to know each other better.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You should be able to believe what ever you want for what ever reason you want. Just so long as you don't use your belief or reasoning to push others into following your beliefs.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I guess it depends all on the wording of things..

I may word my answers in a way, that to someone of similar beliefs to me, would find no offense to, but someone else may and vise versa.

I'm also a very blunt person, that some, sometimes find rude.

I see your meaning, and I do applaud you for trying to bring peace to the table. I wish it were more effective. But we are who we are.. our religions may be vastly different, but we can all agree on one thing.. we are humans, we aren't perfect :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:27 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't like when believers ignore science. I understand faith, and I think it's great that you've found something to believe in and that makes you happy, but I don't agree with misrepresenting facts because they contradict your faith.

There are believers that will outright lie about what science says about certain subjects because it challenges their faith. That's just wrong. You can believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old, but the evidence doesn't support that. I don't like when people lie.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 1:28 AM on Jul. 27, 2009