am I over reacting?

My husband have been fighting a lot latley. So we had the talk about should we stay together or split up. So I asked What do you love about me and He says "I love to watch MOVIES with you" Thats it I said is that all and he said YES I am so hurt I told him that is no reason to stay with someone. Am I over reacting is this a normal guy response.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Guys are stupid about this sort of thing. Here's what you each need to ask...are you better off WITH or WITHOUT this person. ANd finances cannot be the only factor. EVERYTHING works into the equation.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• He was put on the spot. Give him some time to think about the question. If he still gives a lame answer, you might need counseling to help reconnect.
    Jonsmommy408

Answer by Jonsmommy408 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• He is an idiot. I agree just because he like watching movies with you is no reason to stay with someone. It would be better to just be a friend, cuz friends do that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• fireproofyourmarriage.com
    come on girl divorcing over a comment get real!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• honestly guys are really dumb they say the dumbest things and we overanalyze everything me and dh fight alot too and over the dumbest things and we talk about splittin up everytime we get into it really bad but we both know that we are both talkin out of our behinds most of the time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• LOLOL You aren't married to mine are you?? We were fighting about that same thing a few nights ago. One of the things that HE loves? That I'm more of a smart ass then he is! Yeah...that's what I thought.

I think guys say that kind of stuff because sometimes they feel embarrassed to the 'mushy feelings' as a friend of mine once put it. I have found out from a friend of ours that when DH is over at his house that he talks about me non-stop. Absolutely raves about my cooking, but at home he just wolfs it down without a word. Go figure.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• First start off asking yourself any question you would be asking him . Could perhap write in all out What you Love about him .. give it to him . Let him think abou it a few days .. Then perhaps ask him if he could write down why it is he loves you. Might be easier for him to write it than being put on the Spot in answering , Plus it will give him alitle time to think of how he would like to word it . Cause if I asked mine right now Why he loved me ( while he's playing Wii) he would answer somthing like Cause i'm a good cook. So they hate having to give them answer right on the spot.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• 2mothershelpers I am not going to leave him over THAT comment I just didnt want to go into all of it Last week he said marrying me was his WORST mistake ever. I was just asking if I was over reacting on being upset about his answer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• is this my marriage lol my hubby and i fight alot but we won't get divorced over it fighting just another part of it don't sweat what he says guys don't really think like we do they should make a show hubbies say the darndest things lol
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• you married a mean person yes but you married him! Marriage is forever, how could you not know he was so childish and immature b4 you got hitched he sounds very stupid, your job be happy despite stupid. He is a part jerk part sweetie well that would nean he has multiple personality disorder or bipolar disorder, he may need meds! Yes bipolar can make people act very unusual just a thought
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2009