How long?

If I had unprotected sex last night and me period is super irregular, when would be a good time to test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, since ovulation occurs about 14 days BEFORE the start of your period, a good time to test would be about 2-3 weeks after you had the unprotected sex. (Ovulation actually has no connection to your last period---it has to do with your NEXT period, so pretend the day you had sex (or a day or two before or after) was the day of ovulation for these purposes, and test accordingly!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well seeing as how your period is irregular I would probably wait like 2 weeks and test if you still haven't gotten your period. If it is negative and you still don't get it try waiting another week and testing. That's pretty much what I had to do.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Two weeks maybe to early I would wait one more week and test or you could just wait a month and se
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• whatever the date of you LMP was day one being the start of your bleeding count 14 days and thats a guessing time of when you should ovulate wait 2 weeks after that and then test if you get a negative then test again in a few days good luck to you!!!
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• OP here: I havent had a period in like 2 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• thank you BJoan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2009