102.2 Fever

My son has 102.2 fever. He's only 17 months. How high does it have to be before I take him to the E.R?

IrishMomma727

Asked by IrishMomma727 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Health

• just give him some infant motrin and a wet cool rag on his forhead and sleep next to him. ER is not needed till the motrin or tylenol do not work.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:58 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• put him in a cool bath not cold but cool and also breastfeed him or liquids bottles
    Does he have a cold?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• cool packs next to him sleep in only a diaper
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I'd give him something for the fever and watch to see if it brings it down.Is there any reason that you know of that might being causing his fever... teething, ear, a cold.. things like this? Plus this is things they will go ahead and ask you once you get to the ER. If his fever don't come down at least 2.0 points from what it was before giving him somthing I would go ahead and take him tonight .. but if it comes down with taken somthing call and get him in the morning to your regualar doc . Plus just watch him close. good luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009