How can he do this?

My former fiance broke up with me yesterday, claiming he needed time to clear his head, and that maybe we could get back together eventually. What I want to know is, how can a man just walk away from the woman he's supposed to marry and their 3 month old child because he wants to "clear" his head?!

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Are you giving us the whole story? He didn't walk away from the child. He walked away from you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes, I am...and he walked away from me knowing that when we separated, our baby would go with me...so in essence, he walked away from both.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• is he a Christian? if not he is probably not committed and getting bored the jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would watch the movie fireproof or mail it to him
    amazon.com
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• sounds like he's just scared.. If I was you I would just go on being the same person you always was .. be the good mother to your child . Kinda like the saying " If you love somthing let it go , If it comes back to you it's yours , if it don't then it never was" .... And if he don't come back then chances are his heart wasn't into it and your better off finding out now than later .. good luck
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Oh my fucking god!! What the hell is it with you and the movie fireproof? Kirk Cameron isn't going to save shit. It's just a fucking movie!! Get over it.

Anyway....Have you ever just needed time to think? I'm sure you have. So you might try to understand what he's going thru. I get that your going thru stuff too, but maybe he handles it differently than you do. He didn't walk away from his kid. Yes, she is with you for now, but he'llprobably come and get her on weekends or however that is worked out.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 7:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You should have let him clear his head, get married THEN have children. You have no one to blame but yourself. Did you even ask the man if he wanted children? The key would have been if he won't marry you then he doesn't want to spend his life with you and have a family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• "Oh my fucking god!!"

Blasphemy at it's best

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• "You should have let him clear his head, get married THEN have children. You have no one to blame but yourself. Did you even ask the man if he wanted children? The key would have been if he won't marry you then he doesn't want to spend his life with you and have a family."

Excellent answer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't really have any advice but I love how the two Anons have blamed you for the pregnancy. Last I checked it took two to conceive and unless he's a complete idiot, he knew pregnancy was a possibility.

"Did you even ask the man if he wanted children?"

Did HE ask HER if she wanted children? Maybe she didn't want to get pregnant, either, but hey life happens and you do what needs to be done. I bet if she said she had an abortion, you'd be all her shit for that, too.
    I love how every birth control method except condoms falls on the woman's shoulders and then when she gets pregnant, it's all her fault. How convenient. If men don't want a baby they are perfectly capable of making sure their partners are on a reliable form of birth control.

I'm sorry he's walked out. Do what you can to move on and take care of your baby. Your baby is what is important now.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2009