teen,s age 13 and up

if you lady.s was confuse with my question before i was asking how do i go by getting to understand my 14 year old.or what can i do as first time mom in dealing with a teen in sex, boys ,school,and staying in touch with her in these time as well she respecting me as well

brina3106

Asked by brina3106 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I am probably overly open with my teenagers. They know more than most about everything. I mean everything, sex, drugs, love, life, we talk about it all. That is the most important thing with teenagers. You need to also know who their friends are, what kind of life the friends have at home and what goes on with their own parents. I have a pretty open relationship with my kids friends and it helps alot. Also, I know what is going on at school, always. I keep tabs on myspace and any other social networking. I am not overly nosey, but they shouldnt have anything to hide. I also make sure that my children know that no matter what, they can call me if they are somewhere and something happens and we will deal with it from there. Talk though, not yelling, not belittling feeling or emotions, just talk. Also,dont forget what things were like when you were growing up, you may find that your child is going through similar thing
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I have found with mine it all comes down to communication. Let them know they can talk to you with out have to worry about being in trouble or being judged.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have teens and I ALWAYS talk to them about everything. Yeah they probably get sick of it i all but in all reality they do listen. I have sat down my girls and had talks with them about protection, AIDS, all other stds and pregnancy. Teens ARE ( maby not all) going to experience things sex, drugs, ect. NO matter how we have raised them or how much we dont want them to do it. So I just talk to them and tell them how they can protect themselves. I do tell them that I dont want them doing these things and that is not right but I also want my kids to talk to me when they need to and I dont want to be like I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DO THESE THNGS because if you are like that than thy Will not open up to you and tell you what is going on when things do happen. Just have short civilized conversations with her and tell her what you want her to know. She will respect you when she gets older for talking to her. Good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• let them know no matter what they do you will always love them and support them and even if your not going to like what they have to tell you that you'll be there for them. Even if at first your mad as heck you'll be there every step of the way. And do it. My oldest and I go out twice a month alone (she's 15) to either see a movie that her friends my husband would hate. Or out to eat or something and we talk. Even if it's about nothing.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• just let them know that they can come and talk with you when they need to. Also
    just keep talking to them they will get the pickchure eventruly.
    Anonymous