Decorating help!

my living room- the colors are pretty much black silver and maybe some tan
we are looking into getting a pretty big area rug for the living room now that the baby is crawling-
i have no idea where to go!!! i mean color scheme wise- i was thinking black and tan obviously but i have been looking in the Internet and i can not decide! we also have the Egyptian theme going on
our entertainment center is black, black and silver computer desk, dark wood furniture, our couches are light though!
i wanna keep the Egyptian type theme i guess it looks nice, sleek and smooth- but i need help for sure! i was also thinking of doing an accent wall when he leaves, what color? which wall?? help i suck at this---

mywilber

Asked by mywilber at 1:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• white silver blue
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Wow, with those colors you have so many possibilities! Red is an energizing color, and really makes a statement. We have creme all throughout the house, but we painted one wall red and it really looks great. We get lots of compliments. My first thought while reading your question was hunter green. I don't know why. It's kind of neutral and I think it would compliment the tan. So I guess for my two cents, I offer a deep red or a hunter green. :) Good luck. You should post pics of what you decide.
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 1:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree that a deep or darker red would look nice. For the rug, I would try to find something with black and tan with red as the accent color and then paint the accent wall red.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Just had another idea. You could also go with a super colorful rug that also has black in it and then paint the accent wall one of the colors from the rug.
    Maybe something like this

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1264&f=31126

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1264&f=33426

Not sure how well that would go with the Egyptian theme, though, without actually seeing your living room.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• thanks for the ideas:0 i am thinking maybe blue instead not much of a red person
    mywilber

Answer by mywilber at 11:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009