Sick of people commenting on my little girl's baldness!

My daughter is almost 10 months old and is bald. Well, not COMPLETELY bald, she has some very, very fine blond hairs. Anyway, I am SOOO sick of people acting like she's some freak of nature. I know that tons of babies are bald for a really long time after they are born and personally I think it's cute! I know people are just trying to make small talk but give me a break! I need a creative comeback for these comments. What would you say? :)

Bears.Mommy

Asked by Bears.Mommy at 1:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• People can be so rude.Give it right back.
    If it's a snarly old person, you could say "Maybe she could borrow some of the hair growing out of your ears/nose".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would put a hat on her cute little head and avoid it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think it is cute also. I had a little girl who was practically bald until she was two. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't have a creative comeback, but I was bald for over 2 years!!! My mom was worried that I would never grow hair. Well, those worries were unfounded. I have a LOT of hair!

People are just silly. I hope you come up with a good comeback.
    KnottyNikki

Answer by KnottyNikki at 1:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Oh, I would say, "Ya isn't she the cutest thing. God didn't want to cover her head because it was so perfect. "
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I was bald until I was about a year and a half, and then my hair was so fine and blonde you couldn't hardly tell I had hair until I was 3. Now my hair is super thick!

As for a comeback, you could say something about not having to bother brushing and fixing it. I dunno, I'm not good with comebacks. lol. Just wanted to let you know I was bald too, and now have tons of hair. And I curse it everyday! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• LOL! My poor little girl had a mohawk. I felt so bad for her and everyone commented on it. I'm not going to lie it did bother me! I mean it's not like I didn't notice so why did others feel the need to draw this to my attention. Now she is 2 1/2 and has the prettiest hair. She has little ringlets that I would die for!! Funny enough, now the same people who used to make fun of her hair LOVE her hair!
    I wouldn't say anything to them! Time will tell....
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When my son as a baby he had a bad hairline. He looked like PP said, a mohawk! Now he has a beautiful head of hair that grows so fast! He is 10 years old now! He is a hairy little boy lol. Don't worry girl and who cares! Trust me, because my sons hair was all over the place with bald spots.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My oldest was bald until about 12-14 months when her hair started to grow in fast and it grew in red instead of the dark brown she was born with. No one commented on it, though. I guess it could be the location you live in or the denseness of some people's brains nowadays.
    Just ignore them and know that she will grow hair, but at her own pace, as with everything she will do in her life. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my neice looked like Kojak until she was about 3. Bald, bald, bald. Now at 12 she has hair I would cut an arm off for. It's all good.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2009