Dying while in labor or after.??

What are the chances? And why do I have this fear? Is it normal to have this fear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You shouldnt worry about it unless you have a condition or you are at risk of dying during labor like I have Placenta previa and Im doing my best not to worry and hoping that my placenta will shift before my term but realy look into any conditions that could cause it get tested for them and make sure your not at risk it could help your fear knowing. And many condions maybe even all would have been seen and already tested if something werent normal.
    zoeilyy

Answer by zoeilyy at 2:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I personally never worried about this, it actually was the last thing on my mind, but it is a probablitly. The rate of death during childbirth has gone up due to the obesity rates. I watched a show on Discovery channel regarding this and was shocked to find out that death during child birth has increased. I personally wouldn't worry about it, everything will be fine, unless your doctor has concerns?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I never worried about it either.. I was more worried or scared about the labor process then anything, but after I had my little girl I ended up getting something called the H.E.L.P syndrome which you normally would get it while your pregnant my doctor hadn't ever had anyone get it after. It's when your blood pressure gets very high and your blood isn't clotting. When that happened I started to freaking out. Everything will be fine and if there is any problems your doctor will catch it before it gets bad my doctor did.
    holly132

Answer by holly132 at 1:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I was never scared until I had my first baby and after I had her I hemorrhaged an almost died BUT doctors are ready or this to happen ( they are ready for anything to happen) and most of the time they are able to save you. I had 5 babys and after every one of them I hemorrhaged but the doctor was ready to give me my shot and I survived all. The reason I am telling you this is because the doctors know what can happen and are prepared fr it. Everything will be ok dont stress on this to much and get ready to enjoy labor. lol. It is very normal to have this fear but you have to keep telling yourself everything is going to be ok because the doctor will take care of you IF something dose go wrong. It will be ok mama

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am pregnant right now and the only thought I have had like that is bleeding to death. My grandmother hemmoraged twice pretty bad so hearing that story kind of freaked me out. However I watched A Baby Story on TLC a few weeks ago and a mother had her baby and they were concerned about the amount of blood she was losing. The doctors started to massage her uterus to try and get it to contract and were about 2 minutes away from taking her to have emergency hysterectomy surgery when finally she stopped bleeding. I have honestly not heard of many women dying during or after labor these days. Doctors pretty much know of and can handle any situation thrown at them so I wouldn't worry about it. They seem to have a solution to almost every scenario that could go wrong so relax!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2009