Seriously, what are you people thinking? (fyi-abortion related)

Why is it that one extremist group thinks that they will ever be able to reach the other side and get them to change their mind?

I probably never would have been pro-choice when I was younger. But when I became an adult and reasoned it out to myself, I felt that was what is right. My best friend was at complete odds on this. Fifteen years later and we both still feel the exact same way.

What makes you think that a woman who has felt one way for fifteen, twenty, thirty years is ever going to change her mind? Are you really that narcisistic to think that you are going to be the one to say the magic words that finally change my mind or anyone else's?

I don't care how you feel about abortion, and you are free to ask all the questions here about it that you want, but why waste your time? Instead, maybe you could wait at the clinic and offer to care for the unwanted babies out there. (cont.)

casperskitty

Asked by casperskitty at 1:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you as well. I am Pro-Life...always have and always will be. No Pro-Choicer is EVER going to get me to change my mind. I believe abortion is wrong and is murder. Period the end. Instead of agruing about it we should do exactly what you said...agree to disagree.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It doesn't really matter what we think about abortion. The only way to really do something about it is to be there and change the mind of a woman who id about to have the abortion because there are plenty of us who are pro-choice but would not make that decision. There are also plenty of people who think they are pro-life until it is their choice to make.

Why do we have to argue and fight about this constantly? I mean it is all day, everyday. Can't we all jsut agree to disagree and talk about the weather?
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am raising money for ACLJ
    yes the most fragile of lives count too!
    abort73.com go take a class there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• is*
    just*

oops, I was thinking faster than I was typing, or maybe I was typing faster than I was thinking ;)
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:52 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Is a fragile life less of a life? If it has blood it has life! think about it....?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree with you 100%. I'm pro-choice and will never change my mind. I also don't expect others to agree with me! I do UNDERSTAND why some are pro-choice I just don't agree with them! There is no need to argue with them. I've done speeches in college about abortion and I always addressed the fact that there is NO gray area when it comes to abortion, I just want others to understand why I feel this way!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Thanks. But I don't need to take a class. I am well aware of what an abortion is and I am well aware of the effects. No, I have never had one and only would under extreme circumstances that I don't forsee as taking place.

Once again, the point is completely missed. This isn't about my opinion on abortion.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• LOL I meant why some are pro-LIFE and I just don't agree with them.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• there are people who do change ther minds about things(abortion related or not), no matter how old they are, maybe someone may or may not change your mind, but you don't know until they breathe their last breath.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I do get the point of explaining why you feel the way you do. And it is a strong topic for a speech or a paper. But I never see people just explaining why they feel a certain way here on cafemom answers. It is always about why I am right and why you are wrong. But it doesn't have to be that way. We can all get along and be civil to one another.

I disagree with the pro-life point of view, but I don't think it is wrong. Just different than my own opinion. And that is okay.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2009