Do you ever feel like your Mother is jealous of you?

I know that sounds absolutley crazy! Believe me, and I'll be happy if just ONE person knows where Im coming from! lol Ok, so it started when I turned 19. She had kids by this age. I did not. I was skinny (she is very over wieght) and going out all the time, and she was just a royal bitch to me! And would be like, "well, Im sorry, i had 2 kids at your age!!!!"
And now she'll just say stuff like, "So, i heard you went out last night huh?" Or "you suck, look how tan you are" Or "I cant believe how skinny you look"
I HATE it. it makes me feel so uncomfortable. I wsh she would just stop. Sorry if Im not making sense....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• hmmm maybe you can try complimenting her and buy her some nice clothes.
    a mother would not be jealous of her own child maybe she needs a break too though and wants to be carefree like you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I disagree. Mother's do get jealous.

I don't have advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I doubt she's "jealous" of you. She may be envious of the fact that you get to enjoy your youth without the responsibilities she had at that age. The older you get, the more you learn to appreciate your mother, and all that she sacrifices for her children. I'm sure she loves you and is proud of you. You should respond not by getting exasperated with her, but find common ground so that the two of you can be friends. There isn't much difference in age. If she notices your weight, maybe she wants to lose it. Why don't the two of you become workout buddies?
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 2:07 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Maybe try giving you momma some love make her feel loved, beautiful and special, you know just make her feel good about herself, she's your momma and you only get one, that's my opinion but then I know how it feel to walk in your shoes either, good luck and God bless
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't know how it feels to walk in your shoes

sorry trying to do more then one thing at once
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I just want to say I kinda know what you mean. My mother has been jelous of mesince I was a teen im now 30
    I was everything she wasnt young, thin, tan, beautiful, tall, blonde, a wife, a better mother,smart,educated,well spoken,creative,financially stable
    Im not sure if your mom does this but my mom would constantly verbally abuse me because she wanted to feel better about herself,it took me up untill about 5 years ago for me to get over all the pain she caused me,she still does this to me but ive learned to take ot with a grain of salt. I am so sorry you have to go through this I know from experience how much it hurts
    jennifer
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 3:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My mom is jealous of me but for different reasons. She had 2 sons by my age too (I have 2 sons). She was also married for 4 years or so by now too. However my husband doesn't beat me and supports me unlike her first husband. She is also jealous because my husband makes more than her's and mine only has a high school diploma and her's (which is her 3rd husband) has a college degree but has to work 2 jobs to make less than my hubby.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:27 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Just because you have a college degree does not mean you make more money than people who don't.I know people who have a college degree and do not own a house .I do not have a college degree.I own my own house and have my own degree.Mother's can be jelous of daughters.Mine is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I meant to say I own my own house and my own business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• yes - I've heard similar comments and yes it makes me feel like she's jealous and it also makes me feel bad; like why should I be guilty for doing better at similar ages than she did - isn't that most parents dream for their kids? To have a better life? WTH?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2009