What would you do if your 16 year old step son came home & said his girlfriend is pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• same thing I told my 16 yr old son who came home and said the same thing..."What are YOU going to do about it?" He made the mess. Let him figure out how to clean it up.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well theres nothing much you can do besides support them and help them. This is a scary thing for teenagers to go through and they need all the support they can get especially by their parents. I got pregnant at 16 and my parents were pissed at first but than they supported me through it. Now I did work and by everything for my baby and I took care of her all by myself ( my mom babysat while I slept here in there and did buy somethings but I did most of it). That is one of the main things you need to teach them is how to be responsible and tell them PLAY time is over, they both need jobs to support the baby. If they think they are old enough to have sex than thy are old enough to be responsible and take care of their baby. There's no room to be pissed because you cant stop it now so just show them what they need to do and support them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Faint
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Aww man...I don't even know...
    that's a lot to think about considering my son isn't even out of my womb yet. I don't assume I'd freak out but I'd be so dissapointed.
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 3:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Ask what I can do and what she needs... It's all about support at that point. So there is no way to get upset or over react... All you can do is be loving and supportive. That's your "Step" grandchild. Do what you would if they were 25... Really, as far as that baby is concerned, there is no difference!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2009