What is the worst and best parenting advice that you have ever been given?

Worst ~ Don't breast feed formula is better for the baby your breasts will sag and they are to only be viewed in a sexual manner ~ my mil

Best ~ Just ignore the crazy advice people give you God gave you common sense to know what's best for your baby ~ my gramma

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG! Your MIL is crazy. And your gramma is one smart lady!

When I was about to give birth, I was so scared that I would suck at being a mom, but the nurse told me to just use my instincts. That sounds trite and simple, but it really was the best advice. For every dilemma, I just listen to my heart and it hasn't steered me wrong yet!

I don't know the worst advice.... I probably just ignored it anyway and listened to my instincts! lol
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 2:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Don't pay attention to what people think or say about you or your parenting skill do what you feel is right for you and your family, cuz you can't satisfy everyone!

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• letting a baby cry it out-worst
    breastfeeding-best
    intouch.org-best
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My hubby told me that and I live by that everyday
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:14 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• "Abortion is right for some women but not for you." My very liberal grandpa told me that when I found out I was pregnant at 16. I listened to my heart & to him & my DD just turned 15 this month. Best advice ever.

Worst was to give oldest DD peppermint candy to suck on to help with colic. Umm, yes, peppermint can help an upset tummy but who in their right mind would give hard candy to an infant??? That was MIL.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• let my 6 month old chew on a chicken bone...mil worst

cherish every second you have with your children because you never know when it will be your last seconds together...my mother best

it seems like the mils out there usually give out some pretty quacky advice...lol
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 2:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• WORST!!
    Me and my childs dad were fighting and my mother in law has the nerve to tell me not to ask anyonef or help dont depend on anyone do everything yourself..
    Yeah bitch your not even my family and you think im going to listen to you cause your sons a lazy asswipe yeah right..
    zoeilyy

Answer by zoeilyy at 3:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Zoeilyy, so your pissed off at mil because her son is a lazy asswipe. Shouldn't you be mad at your self for being with a lazy asswipe? You had a aby with a lazy asswipe? I can't wrap my brain around this one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• worst- I was given the book "To Train Up A Child", it basically tells you how to abuse your children.

best- I had the person who gave it to me read it, they then told me to get rid of it and forget everything it said.
    2PreemieGirls

Answer by 2PreemieGirls at 3:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• worst-let the baby try the coffee, they're just curious& need to learn diff flavors to develop taste buds. -- dad

best--there are no breaks in being a parent. of course you get tired, but it comes with the job, but the benefits pay off after all the hours you put in. -- dad again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2009