Place your bets

In the past week, Reid has stated there will be no healthcare vote before August. He and Pelosi have both stated there will be no 2nd bailout. Who's going to win this little power struggle - Obama or the Party?
(where Party refers to the real Democratic Party - the elected officials and employees of the Party, not the powerless schlubs they are supposed to work for)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There is no power struggle between those characters. Obama has already conceded that as long as they are working on it a delay in voting on healthcare is ok. So if there ever was one I guess congress has won already many times and will continue too. Obama Is palying President while he delagates his duties to congress, Alxelrod and Rhambo.
    I see the power struggle being between Americans and our Government.
    As for a 2nd stimulus Obama doesn't want one either.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I hope the people win not the crooked Obama Nation Plan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• powerless schlubs..haha! good one!
    august is just a few days away...so..i don't think the HCR vote will come before then..course, i also said rap music would die out along with brittany spears.
    and, i will bet there'll be another bailout...of some sort to "someone"....its hard to keep up with who says what these days!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• A proper health care reform plan needs to be thought out. Not this crap they sent up and has Democrats and Republicans in uproar. So, I don't think they will get that done. And if they do, quite frankly, I would be willing to bet Obama's approval will go even further south.
    2nd Stimulus? I can't see the Blue dogs going for it. jmo...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Thank Heaven for Blue Dogs. UHC is not happening.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2009