Ok, so my husband and I have been married for a little over a year, we've been trying for about 5 months to conceive. I'm getting myself so anxious, and then when I get my period I get so deterred. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do or not do to help it happen soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well the best advice I can give it sounds like you just need to relax and try to not stress over it. That is one of the biggest reasons for not being able conceive. Good luck. We are trying too.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:53 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had the same problem with my first. So I just gave up and let thngs happen and i got pregante a year later after getting married but didnt know till three months later. cause my period was not regular and whenever i got cramps i always thought i was getting my period but it never came so after three months of not getting it i took a test and it was positive. just relax and let it happen you'll get preganate soon. enjoy each other go out do things go places
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 3:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When I was trying to get pregnant I remember every time I got my period I would be so disappointed. I started to wonder if this would ever happen for me. After months of disappointment I kind of just preoccupied myself with other things and quit worrying so much. It's hard to tell yourself to relax when it comes to getting pregnant but if you can distract yourself with things that make you happy such as hobbies, execise, etc. then chances are it will happen for you. Being happy and relaxed was the key for me. Good luck!!! :o)
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 3:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• ANyone who has ever spent more than a month or two trying to get pregnant knows exactly what you are talking about. It is so all-consuming! I hope you get pregnant soon..and then you will forget all about the stress of trying!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler! Are you tracking your cycles? Do you know when you ovulate?
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• pre-natal vitamins are said to help boost fertility, and it can't hurt to already have them in your system while you are trying, it can make it healthier for you and the baby once you concieve. I know how you feel, me and my husband have been trying for over four years now...but keep in there, and dont give up.

ttc

Anonymous

• dh and I tried to get pregnant and it was a long process. we decided to just stop trying and 3 months later I was pregnant. just relax, dont try and just let it happen. Good Luck!!
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I wholeheartedly agree with TanyaR - Taking Charge of Your Fertility is DEFINITELY the book to read!!!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 3:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2009