what would you do?

ill try to make this short and to the point.
im pregnant and the father (my ex) is an overly obsessed, controling, overly jealous little TWIT! ive even had to call the cops on him for trying to bang down my door at 1am (with my DD in the house) he was yelling, cussing and making a scene and even my neighbors called the cops on him. he is begging me to get back with him but will talk shit about every character of mine when he gets upset (for whatever reason.) he tells his family he doubts the baby is his and all of that kind of crap but tells me he doesnt say any of that, that his family makes their comments and remarks and he "ignores" them. he refuses to educate himself on any subject reguarding the baby (circ.[if its a boy]) or anything! he thinks he can use the excuse that hes never done this before, and that makes it all ok! he doesnt even act interested in the baby, [cont. in reply]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• he acts like hes more interested ing etting back with me then educating himself on important subjects and being a father! i dont feel safe around him and i do not feel like he is stable enough (finanically [he cant even pay his bills he has] or mentally/emotionally) to be a father and i sure the hell WOULD NOT trust him alone with the baby. am i wrong if i decide to keep him out of the babys life? i know every man has the right to know his child but i mean seriously! i feel STALKED all the time! i never know when i will "just happen" to run into him. and him trying to bang down my door WHAT THE HELL! that scared the hell out of me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You need to get a restraining order and get this man out of your life. You don't need someone that unstable around the baby. Document everything he does that way if he tries to get visitation you can make sure he only gets supervised visits.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Please go read my last journal post....I'm sorry I don't know how to give you a link to it....but I hope it will help you. I know they say all children have the right to know their father....but in my case I sometimes wish I had kept my son from him, he has done nothing but cause us problems and drama, and my son is now 19! You have to do what you know is right for your child. Wish I had......
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• robinann5-i am so sorry your sons father is a POS! i know how it is, my "father" is an alcoholic an d was never a DAD to us. and still isnt. just because he is the sperm donor doesnt make him a DAD! and i know its like "ok. so take your own advice" but its just that i dont want to be that parent that is a total b!tch and doesnt even give him a chance. but then again. the pregnancy is like his trial test...and hes failing!

i didnt need my FATHER in my life! my mom married a wonderful man after divorcing my father. and this man became my best friend, my DAD and my hero! I have to say he is BY FAR the best thing that has happened to me (other then my kids of course). i cant express how much i love this man and how thankful i am that he opened his heart and home to my mom, sister, and i! hes just done SO MUCH for us!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think you are making the right choice to keep this man out of your and your baby's life. At this point his rights to see and know his child need to be thrown out the window. Your baby's right to safety and stability is much more important than his. I would file a report with the police to get his abusive behavior on record and totally leave him behind, change your phone number and move since he makes you feel so bad. I have a friend who has 3 daughters by the same guy. He choked her at 8 months pg with her third and she isn't allowed in his parents house because they say she ruined his life. He has put her in the hospital twice that I know of. Please don't be this girl. Screw him he doesn't deserve your or your kids.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009