why would they give you a non stress test ?

is there any reason why they would give you this test? why do they give you this test? i have not gone to the doc yet and well im kinda scared what they are going to tell me. i already had baby number one and she was easy no problems at all. well this is baby number 2 and well im haveing a problem breathing already. im almost done with my 3 months. this happoned with my first one but it dident start till the end of 5 months. and i get dizzy alot(ever sence i started with this pregancy)im going to go to the doc this week. anybody think they know what they are going to tell me. also has any one ever felt like someone grabed your lungs and smooshed them? this happend for the first time today. it was scary. well thanks for any feed back

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A non stress test is for when you aren't feeling the baby move an adequate amount of times or there is a problem with his/her heartrate. I had a non stress test done around my 27th week because my little boy's movements felt weak and more sluggish than usual. All they do is hook you up to a fetal heartrate monitor and give you a push-button that you have press every time you feel a movement. It records the movements and you can leave once you have felt 10 within an hour. Of course once I got there my little boy was doing backflips. However not being able to breathe at 3 months I doubt has anything to do with the baby. At 3 months your baby is only about the size of a plum and weighs 1/2 and ounce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• they would give you a non stress test of your baby isn't moving enough, or has issues with HR or if you are overdue just to check the status and health of your baby. Its really no big deal to have done. They hook your belly up to monitor and you just sit there and relax while they record the baby's heartrate and to see if you have any contractions etc.. I would go get it done they obvious thought it was necessary to schedule you one and you want to make sure your baby is ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• as far as your symptoms go that is normal for pregnancy women just experience them at different intensities. I have exactly what you are discribing and i was sent for all kinds of tests and hooked up to monitors and everything was fine. My body was just reacting to the hormones my BP would drop so low i would almost black out, my sugar would drop really quick too. I have it this time around as well. Some days are better than others. Just go get the tests you need to be sure everyhing is ok. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2009