Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to go or not to go that is the question...

I'm 39 weeks and I'm having a LOT of pressure in my vagina. if I didn't know any better I'd think babys head was right there. I'm getting contractions too but thing is dh and I just had sex. he has to get up for work in 3 hours so I'd like to let him sleep but I'm in so much pain... should I wait it out or wake him up and have it checked? when I went in on wed I was 2 cent dilated and 50 % effaced but that has since changed I'm sure of it... any way should I let him sleep and see what happens over the next hour or two or should I wake him and ds (3y/o) up and haul them off to l&d? I don't want to call and ask cause they will just tell me to come in but I wonder if I should just a while and see what happens...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (3)
  • How far apart are your contractions? If they are irregular and far apart than I wouldn't wake him up until they become closer together and more regular. I was told not to go to the hospital until your contractions are consistently 3-5 mins apart.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • i would wait until it was time for your husband to get up. if you are still hurting a lot when he gets up then i would probably go in and get things checked out. You should get some rest too momma! good luck and i hope all goes well!

    Answer by momma_2_two_413 at 4:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • I'm in L&D right now being observed because I have a lot of protein in my urine and HBP. I came in for the same thing (today is my due date) but if it wasn't for my high blood pressur, they wuld hav sent me home. Its up to u what u want to do. If things get worse n I hav mor tracks of urine, I will b induced.

    Answer by Shamerika at 4:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.