if u have been on cafe a mom for more then a year.

i have been i thinki have been on about a year and 5 months..how has ur relationship changd with the site over time... at first when i joined all was more abt making a journal abt my emotions.. then i went to find groups. from fitness to moms with toddlers.. now im more of a looker then a poster really.. funny to say . never even really went to the cafe new comers club till way later..that is i think the biggest group here... drama drama drama .. a fore sure fun read though.. lol. then i made some freinds in a depression group talked daily this was august 2008.. then it was weird i just got depressed over the drama.. my first time around i never even had a real interest the answer section. but i came back to moms cafe in march 2009... its a little daily stress relief.. thats my silly story any others..
lol thank u.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have always had a love/hate relationship with Cafemom. When I first joined, within a month I had decided to never come back. I kind of felt that whoever thought making a website of entirely women was an idiot - it was just naturally bound to be an ugly drama-fest. I came back with my eyes open, and make an effort to avoid the parts I do not like, and have made some really awesome friends.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 5:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree with silvertears, I have been here since Cafemom became, I think I joined 4 months or so after they began, anyways there is good and bad just like anything else. The site really used to be more personable, but there are so many women on here now that it's hard to keep up! I still have friends here though and I plan on sticking it out until the end :)

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 6:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Next month will be 2 years for me. At first, it was for advice with the kids. I joined a bunch of groups; pretty much anything that interested me at the time.

Now, I basically "talk" to a couple old friends from college, and I stick to one of my groups almost all the time. I've met some really great friends in there, we have a lot in common, and we have a great time together every day.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 7:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I didn't come to change my life, only to meet new people and make new friends. So far, so good. I don't get caught up in the drama so it doesn't affect me. There are so many wonderful women on here that I love to chat with and there are lots of things to do to keep me busy when I have some downtime and just want to relax. I really love it here. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Not quite a year yet. I came after googling for information about a TV show and was pleasantly surprised to find a site where there were people just like me. :) I started off joining some really neat groups, then I discovered the Questions area and mainly play there now.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It was a year for me in June. I had so much fun answering questions. I am disapointed however in the amount of imature, ignorant, bashing women who seem to get their kicks in making other moms feel bad. I try to ignore these types of people. I notice in the summer there seems to be a reduction in questions. I think because kids are out of school and moms minds are occupied elsewhere.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i have been here about 2 years. I started off with groups, now lately im on answers, i LOVE the fact that there are such CHILDISH broads on here that look down their noses at people! my thing is this, if its IRRITATING you, thats probably the POINT to the post! LOL so ignore it and go to the next queastion, better yet move to a NEW topic. I personally like answering pointless questions, makes my time go faster lol
    krazi_beautyful

Answer by krazi_beautyful at 10:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I've been on this site for 2 1/2 years now. When I joined there were only journals and pictures. Those were the only things to do so I would occasionally post a journal and read others. That was how you met people...by reading the popular journals or searching for topics that interested you and friending people that wrote the journal.
    Then a week or so later they started groups and the site took off. I was pretty active on my groups for awhile but anymore I just lurk on most of them (even the ones I own). I did polls a lot when they first started until answers came out and now I mostly just check the answers section when I'm bored. I only look at journals if I'm actually looking for drama to entertain me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2009