Have you truly surrendered? Can you face what comes?

I choose to give up all attempts to run my own life, putting no confidence in the flesh, and I now submit to You, Father. I trust myself to Your care, Lord Jesus Christ, as much as I can at this time. I ask You to help me in this time of prayer and inward looking. Please reveal to me every area of my life that has (or continues to be) been given over to the enemy. I choose to crucify my flesh and walk by Your guidance, not giving into the desires of my flesh. I will present my body as an instrument of righteousness, a living and holy sacrifice, which is my spiritual duty. I choose to humble myself and share whatever You reveal to me (with safe, appropriate persons that You send). I ask you to guide me to all truth (to receive it), empower me to live above sin, in Jesus’ name.

I cast down arguing with scoffers and mockers. Make me less hard, mold me to Your liking; make me a blessing to others. in Jesus name...amen

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 6:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• she is challenging us christians, have we surrender every area of our lives? have we allow God to change us? She is encouraing us, she is speaking truth.. She is doing what God has called her to do, to encourage her sisters in the LORd, to let go and allow GOd, allow GOd to move into our lives, allow him to change us, allow him to set us free. She is saying a prayer, so we can also pray to GOd, help us out of our stuggles to be more free, no more flesh, no more , but we need to walk in the Spirit and in truth...
    It is all about HIM, surrending to Jesus, giving your life to HIm,.... God calls us to surrenders, not forces us, but invites us with open arms, and he gives love , a love noone else can give, the world cant give it, only GOD.. HE is the only one who can trully satisfy one soul... HE is the only way to heaven... Choose this day, who you are gonna serve?? JEsus.. Choose Life... Jesus, brings life.
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Is that a question? That has to be one of the stupidest things i've heard in awhile.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 7:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• This should be in the Religion & beliefs catagory. But I guess the person think this is a relationship with God so it ok to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree with Anonymous:16

Answer by louise2 at 7:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Isn't it time for you to go flog yourself?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I decided to post the question here since Born-again Believers have a relationship with Our God; not a religion as we are usually having to remind the unbelievers that have nothing but religion to hold on to.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• each to his own
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Rock on sister!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Good for you! Good prayer, keep the faith!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• blood...
    I decided to post the question here since Born-again Believers have a relationship with Our God; not a religion as we are usually having to remind the unbelievers that have nothing but religion to hold on to.
    ~~~~

Excuse me, but I have a personal relationship with my Gods. And I'm not about to put that personal and private relationship out on display as you have done here. This is completely voyeuristic. As an un-believer in your religion but a believer in the Gods, I'm here to remind you that some of us not only have religion, we have faith and relationships with the Gods. Not all of us go about saying "Look at me, look at me. See how holy I am. See how I pray. See, I'm a Godly woman." Some of don't need the ego boost that you clearly do.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2009