I cant seem to get any energy!!!

its been raining here in maine almost the enitire summer so im sure thats not helping...what are some things a can start doing to boost my energy so i dont have to pry myself off the couch???

4hens

Asked by 4hens at 7:36 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Health

• write down some small goals, things around the house or places you would like to go... get up and going... plan your day, even if it includes a small activity today then add another activity to if for the next day... turn on some up music and start to dance... keep the light on in the room you are in and if the sun comes out ... go out and soak it in .... make today a great day in your mind and your body will follow...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 8:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Thank you...i do get all my housewprk done, take the kids to the lake or playground if its nice out its just that when im doing these things i lways feel so tired and feel like im really forcing myself to do them
    4hens

Answer by 4hens at 8:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• First, see your MD to rule out a medical reason for your fatigue such as anemia. I just thought I was just always exhausted too.
    Are you getting up, getting dressed every day. Take a shower in the am to get your blood pumping. Make a list of "to-do's" around your house, and when it is rainy do one. If it sunny, go outside.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 8:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Rainy days seem to have the same effect on most of us,I think. An entire summer really stinks.
    I agree w/tay. Have your doctor test you for animea. I found out that I was severly anemic about two years ago-could not get off the sofa,I was sure I was dieing as I was sleeping more and more all the time. Iron pills helped and I later found out that I have Endometrioses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree with the others about getting a medical check up. Besides anemia there are other medical reasons that you might feel so tired. It is also possible that it could be stress or depression, so it would be a good idea to tell the doctor if you are also being pulled down by stress- although stress because you are so tired is possible, too. I hope you feel much better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:12 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can make you feel droopy. Be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eating animal products can make you feel sluggish, so can white flour and sugar.
    Eat lots of fruits and veggies (7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colore), whole grains (6 servings a day) and legumes (at least 2 servings a day)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2009