What if any strongholds do you have problems with? Christians; I am also asking

Strongholds are long-standing patterns of sinful behavior that are difficult to change. The heart becomes more hardened as these sins continue unconfessed. Paul mentions strongholds in 2 Corinthians 10:4-4, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
Let us pray one for another as the hours wind down.

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 7:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think my biggest one is my lazyness. Well, that's just ONE, LOL. But it's the worst problem I think I have.

I'll pray for yours if you pray for mine. :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I get angry and fall into arguments with foolish and unsaved women.
    Sort of my down fall.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 8:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Not many know what strongholds are, so dont expect too many answers. I personally have struggled with fear. Fear is a major stronghold because it can be the reason for many other issues in your life. I went through a process a couple of times that helped us identify which strongholds were at work based on the fruit of our lives and began the process of repentence, speaking the truth, and closing the doors. In this process, I found that i struggled with self accusation, pride, self rejection....ect which were causing issues in my life such as allergies, auto immune disorders and other physical aliments. What I got most out of that session was that I was being so hard on myself. Harder than God could ever be on me. I realized that he loved me so much despite all these things and I didnt have to get them all straightened out before coming to him. It changed my life.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:58 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• That is a problem with a lot of peole. they some how believe that they need to be saved and all cleaned up before coming to the Savior; so they never get saved.
    He loves us just the way we are and tells us to "come!"
    After we arrive He begins to refine us and we begin to appear more like Him.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 9:12 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I struggle, and I mean STRUGGLE, with thinking the only way I could ever get or keep a man was to sleep with him. After I gave my heart to Jesus that way of thinking didn't just die over night, it's something I still struggle with. I'm learning to put my trust in Him, and I'm beginning to realize that when the RIGHT man comes along he won't expect sex from me until after we are married. Any other way of thinking has no place in my life, now or ever. I thank God for his grace and mercy, and for helping me realize how wrong I have been. I hope to continue down the right path, even though I struggle every day with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My biggest struggle is discontent. I want so much to be thankful for what God's given me, and in my saner moments, I am. Unfortunately, I far too often let myself consider the "what ifs" and that only leads to sorrow. Really, that discontent is the basis for any of my other struggles. I'm discontented, so I seek approval or popularity or comfort or (fill in the blank) in those things which rarely satisfy and ALWAYS bring trouble.
    wan2bprov31

Answer by wan2bprov31 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• NO STRONGHOLDS TO BATTLE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HUN, YOU HAVE MORE THAN THAT ONE DOWN FALL, YOU ARE JUST TOO BLIND TO SEE THEM, BUT NO WORRY EVERYONE ELSE DOES!

Answer by older at 12:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• "I get angry and fall into arguments with foolish and unsaved women."

LoL! Really??? I never noticed that. And who says anyone is foolish ust because they aren't "saved"? How arrogant sounding.

Anonymous

• A huge stronghold for me is gravitating to questions and conversations started by arrogant, self-righteous women who are nothing more than a stumbling block to the saved and a roadblock to the lost.
    Anonymous

• Two that get me are anger... I know I can get angry way too easily and I have to constantly keep myself in check so I do not explode on somebody. And the other is jealously- of other women or what other people have that I want. I know, it's horrible but I'm working on myself and asking the Lord to support me and give me strength to overcome these issues.
    Anonymous