Is it normal for Mirena to make the uterus cramp?

Sometimes I sit in certain positions or put pressure on my uterus, and I swear I can FEEL the Mirena. Is that normal? (By the way, I've had it in since February.)

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 8:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Health

• Yes. I also have Mirena.... had it since November of 2008. Sometimes after having sex I get stomach cramps, and moving in certain ways I can also feel it. My Gyno says this is normal, because your uterus is still tender from having the mirena placed.... and can take up to 18 months to fully heal. If the pain gets too bad I would definantly go back to the doctor and have it checked. But usually I take 2 Tylenol Extra Strength tablets and I am ok. Hope this helps, and good luck!
    shyne4584

Answer by shyne4584 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 27, 2009